Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Twofer Challenge #4

Happy April everyone, and welcome to this month's Twofer Challenge! I'm sure you're going to enjoy this one. I know I did! Here's our prompt for April:




Do you automatically think of cats and dogs? Or birds, hamsters, lizards, bunnies, and ponies? We used to have a couple of kitties around the house, Cinnamon and Sugar. They were the most fun critters, and I do miss their antics and the lap-sitting with their purrs going. And even though I had cats, I went with a dog stamp. I'm eager to see what you make, so grab your pet stamps, create a couple of cards and join us!

And "who-knew?!," I happen to have a couple of pet-themed cards to share with you today. Here they are together:



You can see that I've made one pet sympathy card, and one birthday card. Let's start with the sympathy card:


A dear, dear friend lost her sweet pup a bit ago, and I wanted to let her know I was thinking of her. The base was covered with a piece of SU vellum that Geri G. gave me at the Lake House. The NBUS sympathy sentiment is from Avery Elle, and the pup is from Pinkfresh Studios. I tried to give the little sweetie a bi-colored coat, though I'm not sure it worked as well as I hoped it would.

Next is the birthday card:


You can see I used the same pup for this birthday card, but stamped him in an aqua blue. The balloon is from the same Pinkfresh Studio set. The die is from Pretty Pink Posh. I tossed a few yellow sequins on, and made some 'grass' with my Ziggies. 

I hope to see you all in the gallery this month! Grab those stamps, pet-themed this time, and let those creative juices flow! Hope to see you over at the Twofer Challenge!! 




23 comments:

Hannelie said...

Such beautiful examples to inspire us Bev! Being a dog lover of course this stole my heart!
Hugs to you!

~amy~ said...

Bev, these are perfect! Love that fun pup!

lostinpaper said...

WOW, two totally different ways to use the same stamp, that green little wish dog is so cute, but also makes for a wonderful sympathy design too!

Darnell said...

Bevie, I can't get over how wonderful that pet sympathy card is with the nuanced two-tone doggie wearing a halo! A halo! How perfect is that to bring someone comfort! And your aqua doggie with the yellow balloon will make anyone happy! Just great for a birthday celebration with the festive framing you chose!! Miss you! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Loll said...

Sweet cards Bev! I bet the sympathy card for your dear friend gave her some comfort. It is so sweet, love the halo. And your birthday card is so darn cute. Love the blue dog, yellow balloon and pink framing. So happy!! xx

Patti said...

How sweet Bev : ) I love that you gave a sympathy card to your friend. Those "best friends" become part of your life. I'm sure she was blessed!

Patti

Kylie said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous, Bev! As the recipient of the sympathy card, it really was so very much appreciated. I’m blessed to have a friend like you.

Trina P. said...

Lovely twofers. The pup is so cute. x

Susanne Vargas said...

Awww, what a sweet puppy! Perfect with the halo for the sympathy card and fun holding the balloon on the birthday card! Well done, my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Bev, you already know I'm a cat person, that used to be a dog person, right? Put that aside, and just know that the sympathy card for the loss of a pet is perfect - that darling little halo!
Okay. If I could get an aqua dog, I'd think about it... xx
=]

Ardyth said...

Love the halo - great use of the same stamp for two completely different looks and occasions!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are so adorable, Bev! The background vellum paper and the darling little halo are perfect for the sympathy card. The aqua blue dog with a yellow balloon just melts my heart! Drawing grass to ground the dog is a great idea! Hideko xx

Anita in France said...

That is such a sweet pup, Bev! Fabulous vellum background ... simple and understated, just right for the delicious colouring on that little dog. What a caring way to show your friend support following the loss of her pet. Your birthday card is downright cute ... you've made this image look so different with his fun balloon and those bright, happy papers ... he's adorable in aqua! Miss you, mon amie! Big hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both are wonderful examples of how to use the same image more then one way for great cards. I think you did a great job on yours.

Brenda in IN said...

I'm sure the dog sympathy card will be much appreciated by your friend. It is hard to lose a pet. The birthday dog with his balloon is so cute and I really like the bright stripes.

Jen Mitchell said...

I've got two kitties myself so this challenge is right up my alley! I'm sorry you needed a sympathy card for your friend but she will, I'm sure, appreciate that you took the time to send her a card with comforting words. And I love how you framed the other card. The colors are bright and really make that cute pooch stand out!

Bobby said...

Adding the halo to the sympathy dog was a great touch, Bev. I love the striped frame around the balloon holding dog. Both cards are so sweet.

Tracey McNeely said...

Two sweet cards Bev, I love that you were able to use the same stamp for two completely different cards.

Claire said...

Two gorgeous cards and so different. It was a stroke of genius to add the halo to the pup for a very special sympathy card. I love how he's so colourful in your birthday card, it's so bright and cheery. Fab inspiration x

TK said...

Great cards, Bev - and I especially love the use of the pup on the Sympathy card, not to mention that beautiful swoopy sentiment!

Pia S said...

I like how you used Colored inks to stamp the dog, it makes the image look very different. Happy colors for the cheerful birthday card and more muted ones for the dog sympathy card. Nice touch adding the halo. Thanks for having me as a guest designer this month.

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Two wonderful cards and the halo on the top of the dog on the sympathy card was such a nice touch. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Gwendolyn.

MaryH said...

Love the idea of the pup for a pet sympathy card. Must keep that in mind. I thought the coat effect looked very nice. Did you use a gold pen for the halo? Don't think I've ever seen this sweet stamp. Loved him in blue & white for the 2nd card. The red stripe frame looks very bright & cheery with the blue & white dots...just a happy lovely card. TFS