Monday, September 12, 2016

Monday Morning

Hope your week is starting out well. It's a gorgeous morning here; cool, sunshiny, and quiet for the moment. I love mornings like this. Thanks, God, for today! Got tons done over the weekend, and even tried a new chicken recipe for dinner last night (it was a bit bland for me, but DH liked it....). Even snuck in a short visit with my sister on Saturday. Tucked DH in with his breakfast, remote, and a phone, and drove to see Sue. Nice time. Wasn't gone too long; I start to worry about him and then I know it's time for me to go back home. Hopefully soon, his health will improve enough for me to be gone overnight (if I wanted to go) without someone staying with him. We'll deal with whatever comes.

More craft time over several days. Couldn't seem to get cards done all in one sitting, but I did manage to get one done for Tag You're It, and one for The Heart Desires. Scope out the inspiration from each:


How can you not fall in love with Melissa's sweet tag. I filled my recycle bins with several attempts, and finally managed to make one I like, lol!


So much to choose from! I went with the color palette and added stripes just because they tripped my trigger. 

Here's my tag:


My double tag uses an SC die for the tag itself, and a WPlus9 for the 'hello.' Avery Elle stamps with various inks, some Doodlebug polka dot paper, and bit of gingham ribbon. Don't know why it took me so long to make this...

My card for THD:


I found some felt in my stash in just the right colors, and the red is even glittery! They're cut with RC and WPlus9 dies. I used my Silhouette to make that doily, and an SC die for the sentiment. Scraps of black and stripes. I made the center of the flower and the other yellow dots out of the same yellow cardstock, and added some GA. Looks cooler irl....

Anyhoo...I really must get going. Time to fix DH's breakfast. Me? I'm just having coffee. Mmmmm....coffee! You all have a great week, and I'll be popping around to see you soon. Happy dances everyone. : )


24 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Bev, Two very pretty makes. The felt flowers and foliage work really well. Glad you were able to enjoy a visit with your sister. Barbxx

Martha said...

Bev, what darling creations!
Love the pretty colors.

SugarGem said...

Super cute card! Very bold and pretty! Thank you for playing along with The Heart Desires Challenge

TK said...

Your tag and card are just perfect; great for the inspiration! So happy you had a nice weekend, visited your sister, played, and then a beautiful morning....

Unknown said...

Hello Bev! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I love your tag and card, the felt flower is a cute embellishment. Have a great week!!

Susanne Vargas said...

My week started the same - cool in the morning with brilliant sunshine!
Your polka dotted tag is adorable and the card very striking with these colors and the stripes!
Hope your week continues on this note!

Leigh Penner said...

Pretty card and tag!

Marybeth said...

Im so glad you had a beautiful morning! I felt the same way it was cool for a change so I went on a long walk with my dog. I was thanking God for this morning too! Then a huge coyote crossed in front of us...... I picked up some rocks but he went away... thanked God again :)
Ok your card and tag are both beautiful! Love the felt flowers on your beautiful card, Bev!

Darnell said...

I caught a minute to check out your post and I'm so glad I did! I love your designs, Bevie! I especially think your tag CASE is spot on perfection!! I hope your lovely week continues for you!! Miss you! Sending love and hugs to you both! Darnell

sandie said...

So pleased you had a good weekend. Adore you striped card and cool doily. I haven't seen that challenge before but off to check it out x

Karin Åkesdotter said...

They are both beautiful and I love how you were inspired by the challenge!

Bobby said...

Your double tag is so cute, Bev, and your card speaks to the photo perfectly. I just want to reach out and touch those felt flowers and the doily is lovely.

Toni said...

Totally gorgeous! The stripes--love!

Kara Lynne said...

Your tag is just perfect, Bev! I love your wonderful cascade of flowers and the pink on white vs. the white on pink contrast of your polka dots! Your card has such bold, rich color and I love the placement of the stripes! So glad it was a productive weekend and you had a little time with your sister. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

Donna said...

Such a sweet tag... and I love your card, too :)
Thanks for finding the time to play along with us at Tag You're It :)

maria f. said...

Oh both so wonderfully done. Love the randomness of the blooms on the tag and the go bold or go home approach to the card. Great job. And happy to hear you're having fabulous fall weather. Enjoy it. Our summer just ended today. I have to get used to not being barefoot in shorts! Again, happy, happy, happy, happy birthday, dearie.

Anita in France said...

Your tag is so sweet and delicious, Bev ... such adorable little blooms ... and polka dots ... yum, yum! Congratulations on your Favourites spot at TYI with this cutie! Oh my, the drama of your card ... it's fantastic ... so perfectly blended with the soft prettiness of the doily and those lovely felt blooms! What a cool, striking look, mon amie! Hope you're still celebrating ... miss you truck loads! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Geri said...

I'm playing 'comment catch-up' again. Danny has his knee surgery last week and we were away for a couple of days, followed by a few more 'at home days'. I know I don't need to 'splain this scenario to you....

Your tag is sweet as sweet can be...cuz it has polkie dots on it! Totally fun and happy!

Your card is stunning! Love the contrast in the colors that you chose and love the doily...which creates the perfect 'base/anchor' for the felt flowers...that I want to reach out and touch!

See you soon!

cm said...

Great to hear you're getting 'out and about', if only for a while! Positive signs! I imagine you're getting incredibly excited about a 'longer' out-and-about with some special people! Must be right around the corner; so thrilled for all of you! Your tag: absolutely darling! You had me at flowers and double had me at polka-dots! So glad you shared this over at Tag, You're It. Your THD card: WOW! Such pretty elements...I want to touch those darling felt flowers!
Hugs~c

Katie Ann Brooks said...

great creations! Thanks for joining us at THD!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Hey Bev!!!! Im slowly getting back out here, as time off of posting for weeks, I find myself much better!! I love your design and the flowers to beautifully done!!! I always love when you visit Bev. Youa re a total wonderful wonderful cardmaking lady!

HUGS -and thanks for joining the Heart Desires!
-Kimberly

~amy~ said...

Bev, trying to do catch up....love how you were inspired by the challenges! The felt is awesome on your THD challenge card...perfectly perfect.

Your tag is polka pretty!

jen said...

Sweet tag and love love that card! Your felt is yummy and stripes are fab!!

Kathryn Lorenzini said...

Bev, glad to hear you had a lovely day and weekend! Nothing better than feeling productive! Love your take on the THD challenge, yeah for felt!!! Really great composition. Thanks for continuing to play at THD, and your comments on my site! I don`t get around much now that achool year is on! ♡♡♡